Billecart-Salmon

Billecart-Salmon History

Founded in 1818 by husband and wife Nicolas François Billecart and Elisabeth Salmon, the Billecart-Salmon House is rich with history.

For nearly two hundred years, the Billecart family has been handing down the secrets to making exceptional champagne from generation to generation.

Billecart-Salmon House

Today the House is still independent and is run by the family’s 6th generation: François Roland-Billecart

Billecart-Salmon’s own vineyard covers around 50 hectares, and the House source its grapes from a total of 170 hectares of land, paying particular attention to selecting the best grapes.

For this, the family has forged close and courteous relationships with the winegrowers of the Champagne region.

In addition, Billecart-Salmon family cultivates one hectare of Pinot Noir on a single, enclosed parcel at the foot of the Mareuil-sur-Aÿ hill: the Clos Saint Hilaire. The champagne produced from this plot is renowned for the complexity and rarity of its aromas.

Billecart-Salmon Style

The Billecart-Salmon House has always used modern and innovative technology to constantly improve the quality of its champagne.

From the Côte des Blancs to the Reims Mountain, not forgetting the right bank of the Marne River, the greatest vintages of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier are used.

These superb wines are crafted by Chefs de Caves Françoi Domi and Florent Nys, two charismatic characters who are perfectly in line with the family’s spirit of simplicity and constant quest for a great pleasure.

They ensure the conformity of the flavours and finesse of the blends. The bottles are then aged in a vast network of cellars, dating back to the 17th and 19th centuries.

468 ad